Sunday 9 December 2012

Taking shape

Headset fitted.
Forks and stem / spacers in place.
Bottom Bracket on.
Tyres / tubes / cassette / discs fitted and wheels on.

Prior to assembly I gave the inside of all the frame tubes a liberal dose of anti rust treatment.

Everything fits as it should with no issues. The frame appears to be perfectly well aligned with even distance between the wheels / chainstays / forks.

I've checked the stand-over height and the 54cm was the right choice for me. I normally ride a 54 frame, but suspected that the Trucker might be a small 54. It's not. It appears to be consistent with all other 54cm road bikes I've had in terms of stand-over height.

I'm still waiting for the Tektro brake levers. This is the only component outstanding, preventing me from completing the build. It's been a frustrating Sunday, periodically visiting the garage to look at my new toy begging to be ridden. Hurry up brake levers!

No comments:

Post a Comment